One Year Later…
“Sophia, try to be home by the weekend.” The tall male with curly brown hair, a cute smile and tan skin kissed her on the cheek.
“Professor I’m going to be e-mailing you my report, I have to work all weekend, is that okay?”
“Okay, so babe, you can handle the kids right?” He gave her a disappointed look.
“Of course I can, how many times have I done this, and I know that if I need help I can just call..."
“Don’t call Jessica,"
“But she’s great with kids,” Gabi gave him a look and he knew what it meant, no calling the sister.
“Well have fun on your top secret mission.” He kissed her as she left and hoped that she would be back by the weekend, ready to go back to church with her girls.
“We just got back from a hunting trip; do you really have to already be leaving?” He asked Ellie with a pathetic smile on his face. She smiled back slowly enhancing her dimples.
“This one should be done by the weekend, and then we can spend the whole weekend together, just us.”
“Sounds like a plan. Be safe.” He said and gave her a kiss goodbye.
“Bec, where are you going?” He walked in with a confused look on his face.
“When I get back I’ll type it up… I’ll have plenty of time to write on the plane.” He let out a sigh as she looked into his blue eyes. She smiled and he smiled back. She remembered the first time she met him as if it were yesterday. As she grabbed her bag she started to walk out the door.
Twenty minutes later there they stood together, ready to get on the plane back to headquarters for yet another big mission. They all had lives at home and had great jobs, college classes and families and the best part… they were still together as a team.
No comments:
Post a Comment