The prelude went
smoothly; everyone was in a great mood. I even kept a lookout in case Charlie
tried to sneak in. I ran messages between Amber and her parents, and even
Dustin himself. What a lucky man. I left the room for her and her father to
have a heart to heart, and when everyone was seated the ceremony officially
started.
I see an old friend of ours grab her hand and stand up with her. Long brown shiny hair, in big waves, a cute little smile with a missing tooth on her right side, she’s thin and beautiful. She’s the girl that everyone loves to hate Abby. As Amber watched there was a shocked look on her face as she was about to break out into tears. I couldn’t watch that happen, I never chose a side until then how dare Charlie and Abby do that to Amber…
I know questions are lingering in the air about where Charlie is, how the wedding actually went down. Although I can’t tell you that part I can find Charlie and give you her side of the story, but until then…
The mothers of the bride and groom are
seated, Left and right. Then it’s the ministers turn, the groom followed. The
bridesmaids are followed escorted by the groomsmen. Then it’s my turn, I grab
Liam’s arm, and he escorts me down the isle. Jade, the flower girl comes
shortly afterwards her brown curls bounced, as she skipped down the isle. Her
mom was standing at the end reminding her to toss out the flowers; man did she
look like her mother, the body of a dancer.
Jade’s brother Brandon followed. He had brown curly hair and
a big grin on his face. He was being escorted by his father while Brandon held the pillow.
Luke then greeted his wife as they passed each other and stood in the back of
the row behind the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
The music started to play and the
guests rose from their seats, the big doors opened and there she stood with her
father on her arms and he slowly escorted her down the isle. She gave me a look
that said, “I’m so happy, but I’m so nervous.” I gave her a comforting smile
and she smiled back. Her father kissed her on the cheek and a tear streamed
down his face, he was giving away his youngest daughter.
When Amber reached Dustin they held
hands and looked to Pastor Rob, he began. “Dearly Beloved, we are gathered
together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join
together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be
honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into
unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly.
Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any
person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.”
The silence grew, then a girl with
shoulder length brown hair, and blue eyes that looked like they had gold
fireworks around the pupils stood up in a pink sundress with a blue belt. Her
hair was in a waved pattern and there was a look of fear on her face. I could
see her hands shaking and the whole room creaked as everyone in front of her
turned around to see who everyone at the alter was glaring at.
They were glaring at Charlie.
I see an old friend of ours grab her hand and stand up with her. Long brown shiny hair, in big waves, a cute little smile with a missing tooth on her right side, she’s thin and beautiful. She’s the girl that everyone loves to hate Abby. As Amber watched there was a shocked look on her face as she was about to break out into tears. I couldn’t watch that happen, I never chose a side until then how dare Charlie and Abby do that to Amber…
Imagine, being the one to stand up, or
even the friend who stands up next to her. The rush, the nervousness, beads of
sweat starting to form on your forehead as you look your best friend into her
eyes and destroy her wedding. Would you have done it if you hadn’t been kicked
out? What if she had actually given your fiancé the chance to run away with you
and he still said no. Would you have done it then, just for revenge? Or would
you have let it go and disappear for a few months, hoping to not run into the
happy couple again until you are married with kids?
Either way the thought lingers in your
head. What would you do? How would you feel to be standing up in a room full of
people sitting down? Horrified looks on everyone’s faces, and they are all
staring at one person. You. Confusing everyone with the question as to why
you’re standing up, why you aren’t a bridesmaid. Well New York . You all know how the story ends;
the purpose of writing this was to tell you how it started and where it ended.
Of course the bride gets the groom, but what happened to Charlie? Maybe that’s
another story.
The posts, comments, news reports all
around the world have gotten out of hand and I’m here to put a stop to it. Ugly
rumors spread of Charlie ending up with Dustin and them running away together,
Amber ended up in a hospital for several suicide attempts… but honestly I don’t
know where Charlie is. Amber and Dustin are a happy couple, and I was a major
help in making it that way, I even helped chip in a little money for a longer
honey moon.
I know questions are lingering in the air about where Charlie is, how the wedding actually went down. Although I can’t tell you that part I can find Charlie and give you her side of the story, but until then…
Thank you New York Times, for
publishing the TRUE story, I’m sure we will be in touch as soon as I find my
friend Charlie, wherever she may be. I’ll bring you the story soon. –Vanessa
Lines
No comments:
Post a Comment