Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Text Message


Two eyes connect in a deserted room,
And regretfully I could not pull away
And become another stranger, curious I stared
And gazed into him as far as I dared
Till slowly it swelled in the mind;

Then take the mystery, as silent as long,
And knowing maybe the choice approaching,
Because it abides curiously and refuses escape.
Though as for us the question here
Had torn us apart nearly the same.

And appalling that day quickly turned
To tears No reason was justified quietly.
Oh, I cried voiceless beyond broken boundaries
Yet helpless how strangers transform towards friendship,
I questioned if we could ever go back.

I shall be delivering this with a cry
So that our time and memories afterwards:
Two eyes connected across a room, and we—
We continue the awkwardness and purposefully remain near,
Because we are unable to break.


 *Doing Poetry in my creative Writing class, and the point of the poem was to take an already written poem and replace the nouns with another noun, and verbs with other verbs... ect. I used The Road Less Traveled by Robert Frost... *

No comments: