“I’m here,” I hear you say as your overplayed ringtone
resonates in the room, your voice tastes like a fresh baked desert, sweet and
warm, and your words fill my hunger, I slip into my snug shoes and fly down the
stairs fumbling over steps, Out of breath, my heart pounds against my chest, as
the front desk tells me that you found me, I see you through the door, waiting
for me to welcome you into the hall, it pounds harder, I open the door and
fling my arms around you and force you into a hug without warning, the clash of
our lips makes my insides squirm in excitement and nervousness, it’s been too
long, First up the stairs, unlocking the door, then to the white board on the
outside to warn the roommate, The locks flip, lights go down, and the blinds
get shut, I wrap my arms around you and kiss you, until my lips are numb, I
can’t let you stop, wondering how many times I get to kiss you, until you leave
again, so I let it go on, Hands migrate from faces to backs, to shoulders to
hips, then up the torso, slowly taking off the first layer, The bra snaps and
the belt clanks, as it’s getting un-latched, Everything blurs, our set lines,
our dreams from reality, I can’t differentiate if this is really happening, Now
it’s passed and there is no memory of reality being separated from a dream, a
very pleasant dream, in our young realities, this dream would take millions of
years to come true, Time never can tick fast enough, or slow to a stop at the
proper time, all I want is to be with you and it’s been too long, this took
place days ago, weeks ago, months ago, years ago, this took place yesterday,
millions of years ago.
In my
creative writing class, we were supposed to try out prose poetry. It’s supposed
to have aspects of poetry in it, but tell a in a way that poetry usually doesn’t.
I really liked this assignment. The lack of periods is because during one of
the workshops, someone told me that when they were reading it they could feel
the urgency. So… he suggested only putting a period at the end because the
whole story is rushing to end, just like the characters amount of time
together. They waited so long for something so short. Once it was over, so was
the urgency… just like the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment